Friday, January 13

Welcome to Isabella's Place!

For Christmas we decided that we would build Isabella her very own outdoor playhouse!  A very excited me just couldn't wait to get started!! My mind went into overdrive with all the ideas of what I could do on the inside, what colours I wanted to paint it, all the cute and pretty things I could get for the house.  I was just willing December to come around.  My next mission was to some how keep it a secret from my little munchkin! Hmmm .... Thanks to my lovely mother inlaw, the munchkin was ship to nan's for a extended sleep over.  We ended up having only 2 days to put the house up, paint the inside and out and also furbishing it.  Gosh, thinking back now I don't know how we managed to get everything done!!  Hubby and I was working like little crazy people!!

Anyhow, after months & months of waiting building day FINALLY arrived!! Yippee!! As I said we worked like crazy and got it all done and really for the munchkin to get the biggest surprise of her life on Christmas morning.  And what a fantastic Christmas morning it was!!  She couldn't quite believe what she was seeing and she was almost to scared to go inside, it was so super cute.


Welcome to Isabella's Place.


I decided that painting it a neutral gender colour would be best, just incase our next munchkin is a boy {I don't think he would too be impress with playing in a pink house!} So what other colours then my favourite teal and yellow.  On the inside we painted it white and gave it a rough paint as I wanted that shabby chic look.  It also really brightened up the inside.




I had lots of fun shopping for all the furniture and little pretty things.  The weekend markets and Trademe became my best friend!  My brother brought her a new mixer and cupcake set for her christmas present and fitted perfectly in her new house.




Isabella's kitchen with all her bits and pieces.



Upstairs I created a relaxing and pretty space where she can take time out and read her books or play with her toys.


The quilt I had brought for Isabella before she was born.  I was in an antique store when I saw it and I knew it was going to be prefect for my little munchkin.  I'm so happy that it has now found a place in her little house.



A pretty bunting hangs from the ceiling & a piece of vintage fabric framed hangs above the door way.



A cute little blackboard for her doodles and you can't have a playhouse without a sweet broom and dustpan set.  I also brought a cute little ironing board and give it a new lease of life by recovering it in some shabby chic fabric.



Isabella's aprons hanging waiting for her .... I wonder what she will be cooking? Maybe some cupcakes?


There are still a few things we need to finish like painting the support beams, but all in all it is the perfect little house for our munchkin.  I'm so looking forward to watching her play in her house with all her friends.  Using their imaginations and creating their own little world.



Happy Baking!



27 comments:

  1. wow what a lucky little girl! you did a amazing job i would even live in there lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! Vanessa that is INCREDIBLE! My kids would die if they had their playhouse look like that. I better not show them this post! Haha. Beautiful, full credit to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super like it.....I could move in and live happy for ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite simply the most amazing playhouse I have ever seen - you are so clever and what an incredibly lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet she just loves it. What little girl wouldn't?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous! Would you mind sharing where you sourced the table and chairs and oh so cute kitchen? Did you paint the kitchen yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the most amazing playhouse I have ever seen .. especially the kitchen, a big WOW!!! Hope you don't mind me asking was the playhouse a kitset or did you buy the plans and materials separately as I have never seen one like this before. Obviously all your personal touches make it so incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, i love this!! I've been trying to find a Kidkraft kitchen for ages but i can only find the retro and primary ones. Please tell me, did you get this in NZ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally blown away with how talented you are, everything is so beautiful and amazing. I am shipping in some of the Kidkraft large pastel kitchens in August in case any of your readers want a new one. www.directtoys.co.nz

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness! This is extraordinary!! Your little girl must be in absolute heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!! Thank you so much for the awesome feedback!! Isabella absolutely loves her playhouse!! We were both in there all morning today, she was cooking me "dinner" and we had a sleep over! hehe

    I sourced alot of things of Trademe. The kitchen I brought new a few years ago for Isabella's 2nd birthday {and I knew one day it would have pride of place in a playhouse} I know that there were only a few for sale in NZ at the time and I managed to get one of them. I have seen them pop up on Trademe from time to time. Hope you find one Goosey Chew. =) The playhouse came as a kitset and we put to togther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa

      This is the best playhouse I have EVER seen! Do you mind me asking where you got the kitset from? I like the way it has the upstairs for a chill out space. And I wish I could hire you as a decorator, that is another amazing talent of yours. Thanks, Michele

      Delete
  11. Beautiful! What a great place and a place to make wonderful memories she will never forget. As a little girl, I had a log cabin in the woods and loved it. It was my own special place and I could have my own things in it. I left my Christmas tree up for 3 months, a ceder tree with handmade ornaments and popcorn strings. I know she loves it! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is also Vanessa! Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Que bonito, está todo fantástico!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que casita más preciosa. No puedo leer todo lo que escribes sobre ella porque no hablo inglés, pero las fotos son preciosas, me encanta la casita o el palacio como tu lo llamas. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG how sweet is that ?! amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow the kitchen is amazing i love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely adorable! I am looking to build a playhouse for my grand-daughters. Where did you but the kitset?

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow so beautiful, can you tell me where did you buy the playhouse? i would love to get one for my kids,I hope they shipped to USA. Your daughter is a lucky little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is way soooooo sweet!! Your little angel is so blissful :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. C'est vraiment magnifique !!!!! Bravo !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this! Convincing my husband to build this for my girls. Can I ask the size/dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://www.guneyegitimaraclari.com/

    ANAOKULU KREŞ OYUN PARKLARI VE MOBİLYALARI....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where did u buy the playhouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the good read, Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete